Saturday, February 21, 2009

Christianity in Light of Modern Media

I land from the world of ideas, thoughts, and the abstract --- into the unforgiving and tenacious world of the practical.

When it comes to modern media --- I am thinking mainly of movies, TV Shows, and music --- where is the fine line between “I don’t promote all of that, but it’s fine to watch” and “I shouldn’t watch that”? I’m not naïve enough to think that we’ll come up with an exact line, but I thought it would be an interesting and worthwhile attempt to apply Christian principles to everyday life.

PS I realize the answer might depend on the person. However, are there no universals we can make about all Christians?

PPS I feel as if the “frog in the pot” analogy could affect simple answers that favor the side of liberality.

No comments:

Post a Comment